Copa-Cogeca is pleased to announce the five finalists of the 6th Edition of the Innovation Award for Women Farmers Farmers – supported by Corteva Agriscience. Through this year's award, we aim to demonstrate how women farmers foster the development of new business models and their active role in tackling the biggest challenges in agricultural and forestry climate action.
Commenting on the competition, Lotta Folkesson, Chairwomen of COPA's Women Committee said, "With each new edition I am impressed by the diversity and the quality of projects that are submitted to us from all across the EU. Among the more than forty applications received, making a choice was very hard this year. What we see year after year is that women in agriculture not only create economically viable farms but they also try to develop projects that have strong environmental and social dimensions. This is why we also need today to encourage more young women to join our ranks. With this award we want to send a clear message to EU women: dare to farm!".
The top shortlisted candidates are:
- Boglárka Biró from Hungary. A forest engineer with 21 years of experience combining her professional and personal experiences of sustainable agriculture and forestry management.
- Marija Cafuk from Croatia. A renowned 'varazdin' cabbage grower and pickler who has also been demonstrating smart agricultural approaches on her farm.
- Nazaret Mateos Alvares from Spain. An ecological mushroom farmer, who works close to the circular economy approach and zero waste.
- Immacolata Migliaccio from Italy. An organic farmer optimising the use of digital and AI technologies in the cultivation of her crops .
- Ines Theunis from Belgium. A livestock farmer who contributes to a sustainable and circular production with her own meat label to showcase the story behind the meat.
The announcement of the winner will be made during the award ceremony on the 10th March 2021 via an online event.
Ακολουθήστε το Agrocapital.gr στο Google News και μάθετε πρώτοι τις ειδήσεις